Matt Coughlin is the Founder and CEO of XSELL Technologies. Matt has a long tenure in selling innovative enterprise technologies to large Fortune 500 customers. He’s worked with brands such as Apple, Disney, Carnival, AT&T, and Walgreens. When Matt isn’t running the company, he is watching the Chicago Bears with his wife, 3 kids, and large extended family. He also enjoys working out with his niece, Mary Ellen at Southside Knockout. Big #fitness guy.
Mark Stoehr is the Chief Technology Officer of XSELL Technologies, where he leads our data science and engineering teams in building a robust Artificial Intelligence platform to drive increased consumer engagement. Mark pursued a PhD and holds an M.S. in Computer Science from the University of Chicago. Mark has lived in many places around the world including China, Australia, and Chile. Known for his love of discussions and his data-focused mind, Mark is probably debating a contentious point in programming as you read this.
Meet the Team
XSELL is comprised of a talented group of individuals who each bring a unique skillset and perspective to the team. From our top data science and engineering talent to our established business executives, we pride ourselves on our collaborative, productive team dynamic.
Briana Kearney is the VP and General Manager of Partnerships where she develops channel partners and deepens our relationship with community organizations. Prior to XSELL, Briana held various leadership positions at R1 , SCA, & Pinnacle. Briana holds an MBA in Economics, Strategy, and Entrepreneurship from University of Chicago Booth School of Business; and a BA in Anthropology from Georgetown University.
Mike Hubbarth is the Assistant Vice President of Financial Services , leading the finance and operations teams, in addition to managing key accounts in the Financial Services vertical. He has been here since XSELL’S humble beginnings and has been integral to its financial and strategic growth. Prior to XSELL, Mike was a leader at Accretive Health. Mike holds a BA in Finance from Indiana University – Kelley School of Business. Mike is an avid sports fan, loves riding Divvy bikes around the city, and is a food enthusiast, always trying new restaurants around town.
Jerry Phillips is the Senior Vice President of Strategic Accounts and Business Development managing large enterprise relationships. Prior to XSELL, Jerry was a VP of Strategic Accounts at TouchCommerce/Nuance and a Director of Strategic Accounts for Moxie Software. Jerry holds a BBA in Business, Management, Marketing & Sales Optimization and BA from Marshall University – Lewis School of Business. Known for his strong sales mentality, Jerry is extremely passionate about his work and always brings a lively energy to the office.
- Tom is Managing Director of XSELL Technologies, where he leads our business development teams and strategic partner alliances. Tom is responsible for XSELL’s go-to market strategy and driving new client acquisition. He works closely with the technical teams on the AI roadmap and strategy to ensure we stay ahead of our client needs. Prior to XSELL, Tom delivered innovation for brands such as ServiceNow, McDonald’s, and Xerox. He holds a B.S. in Advanced Technical Sciences from Southern Illinois University.
Luke Olsen is the VP and General Manager of the Retail vertical leading the sales and customer success for large retail organizations. He is at the helm of XSELL’s largest team, overseeing various employees from our dynamic chat agents to our account managers and analysts. Prior to XSELL, Luke was a Director at Surgical Care Affiliates and a Director at Aesynt. Luke holds a MBA from Northwestern-Kellogg School of Business; and a BA from Miami University. He also enjoys spending time with his 3 kids and is a big Cubs and Packers fan.
- Brendan Downing is President of XSELL’s healthcare practice focused on improving the consumer experience for Providers and Payers. Prior to XSELL, Brendan was the Co-Founder and CEO of Falcon Consulting, a 140-person consultancy focused on helping large health systems implement and optimize Epic, which he sold in 2016 to Avaap. Brendan began his career at Epic Systems Corporation, where he led several high-visibility projects as a Project Manager implementing Epic’s revenue cycle applications. Brendan holds a MBA from University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business and a B.S. in finance from the University of Maryland – College Park.
Brian Kaufman is the Head of Technology for XSELL’s Healthcare division. He started his career at Epic, a leading EHR vendor, working as a project manager, developer and R&D lead for the integration team. Subsequently, Brian spent several years consulting and building novel software solutions for Vonlay, Huron, and Falcon Consulting Group. Brian has a Bachelors degree from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. Outside of work, Brian enjoys wakesurfing, rock climbing, and building things like hot tub boats and classic cars. He is currently working on a replica 1965 Shelby Cobra that he hopes to race (carefully) in the very near future.
- Keith is the Vice President of Customer Success for XSELL’s Healthcare clients. Keith and his team are responsible for the initial implementation of the XSELL platform for our healthcare clients. Keith also works with clients on an ongoing basis to ensure optimal results through constant communication, including robust dashboards and reports to track key success measures. Prior to joining XSELL, Keith was an Implementation Manager for Epic Systems and a Product Management Director for CUNA Mutual Group. Keith holds a Bachelors degree in Marketing from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. Keith lives in Madison with his wife and kids, and spends his free time taking photos and cheering on the local sports teams.
John Sorrentino is the Head of Engineering, leading our front and back-end product development. He is another XSELL OG, starting with the company in 2014. Prior to leading the engineering team, John was a full-stack developer at XSELL. Johns holds a BS in Industrial and Enterprise Systems from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He enjoys his Tuesday night bowling league, is sneakily good at pool, and loves his hometown of Bridgeport.
- Prahlad Krishnan is the Vice President of the Bot Division, leading XSELL’s expansion into fully-automated bots and task automation, in addition to building out XSELL’s international operations. Prior to joining XSELL, Prahlad was the founder and CEO of TrimAI, a company building chatbot-based virtual assistants integrated with hospital EHRs for patients with long-term care needs, which he sold in 2019. Prahlad began his career as an intern for Duke-NUS, where he brought in and worked on his own digital health projects ranging from video game-based therapy for depression to telecoaching systems. Prahlad holds a BA from Duke University. In his free time, Prahlad enjoys hiking, traveling and freestyle rapping when he thinks no one is listening.
Dan Wood is the Head of Annotation, leading our data labeling and annotation groups that serves as the core ingredient in XSELL’s data models. Much of his dedicated work involves traveling abroad, working directly with clients and ensuring the utmost success with the implementation of our customer engagement. Dan holds a BA in History from Wabash. He is a sports fanatic–he’s in the hall of fame for football at his high school, coaches youth baseball, and loves playing golf.
Shawn is the Solutions Engineer focused on CRM and Omni-Channel engagements with priority on Sales and Service Chat. Shawn gears his effort towards vertical specialization in Telecommunications, Financial Services, Technology and Retail. He graduated with a BS in Computing and Computer Electronics. Past roles include Sr. Director of Customer Success for ServiceChannel, Lead Sales Engineer for TouchCommerce/Nuance, VP Professional Services Moxie Software.
Will Moeller is a Business Development Executive, focused on company growth, product awareness and strategic initiatives. Will previously worked in Sales & Trading at BMO Capital Markets, Corporate Treasury at BMO Financial Group and Economic Research at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. He currently holds an MBA from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business and a B.S. in Economics from Santa Clara University.
- Andrew “Drew” Conrad is the Vice President of Product leading XSELL’s technical development resources through the product development cycle. Previous to XSELL, Drew was a Senior Manager at AT&T managing the Artificial Intelligence Portfolio for the Consumer business unit. Drew spent the last 25 years deeply involved in the cutting edge of telecommunications and technology and is a passionate, and self-described, nerd. Drew has a BS in Sociology and Women’s Studies from the University of Nebraska. As a third generation Eagle Scout, Drew gives back to his community through Scouting and spends most of each weekend in the wilderness with one of the three units (160 Scouts) that he supports. For those efforts Drew has been recognized with the Gold President’s Volunteer Service Award every year since 2013.
Farhan Shakeel (Shak) is the Director of the Retail vertical with a focus in account growth, implementation, and product development. He is also taking on the hefty role of leading the Marketing effort across XSELL. He started off as an intern working on operations for one of XSELL’S staple clients and since has grown with the company for the past 4 years. Shak is a proponent of an active lifestyle, as he played tennis in college and is known around the office for his strict (on and off) diet of keto. Shak holds a BA in Information Technology with a Business Minor from Roosevelt University.
Robert Wiener oversees all financial operations within XSELL and is working on scaling and improving processes. Prior to XSELL Robert worked at Northern Trust as a part of an Institutional fund accounting group. He holds a BS in Finance from Lake Forest College. Robert can often be found wearing a Patagonia sweater and has recently adopted a Golden Doodle puppy.
Erin Nolan is the Retail Analyst in charge of reporting packages and assisting with sales outreach in the retail vertical. Erin drives value for current accounts by analyzing metrics and conversions and demonstrating our successes. She is also actively engaged in the marketing effort by running the social media team. Erin holds a Bachelor’s in Enterprise Leadership from The University of Iowa. She wears multiple hats around the office and is always willing to help with any project.
- Julio Munoz is the Head Associate Supervisor where he oversees 70+ retail and healthcare associates. Julio has an extreme focus on and skill set for training, recruitment, and onboarding. He started at XSELL as a part-time retail associate himself in 2016, and has since developed professionally and curated this full-time position in 2018 to accommodate the rapidly expanding client and associate volume. His bold career moves are matched only by his bold personality and tireless energy (a must for managing so many associates!) He has a BA in Education from the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Alina Shehzad is an Operations Analyst supporting Healthcare clients, facilitating implementations, and leading the Healthcare annotation effort. Alina began as a Digital Engagement Specialist while in college in 2016 and worked under both Retail and Healthcare Verticals before moving to full time in 2018. Alina holds a Bachelor’s in Marketing from DePaul University. She is a huge foodie and proponent of culture, always ready to plan the next XSELL event or party.
John Kazarian joined the XSELL family as an intern for 3 consecutive summers working on multiple accounts until ultimately joining the Annotation team full time. John holds a BS in Consumer Economics from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He’s known for his great phone voice and is a huge Bears and Blackhawks fan.
Mohammed Alam is another critical member of the Data Science team. He previously worked as a Senior Software Engineer and Project Manager at Motorola, where he focused on product development, managed internal Beta testing projects, conducted product usability research and market research, and was the technical lead and project manager on trade shows. Mohammed holds a MS in Computer Science from Northwestern University, BS in Computer Engineering, and he pursued a PhD in Computer Science from Northwestern University. He is a big McDonald’s advocate and very much enjoys wearing bright colors.
Thomas is currently deeply involved with diagnostic and deep data analysis for our brilliant Data Science Team. He worked previously at SoFi in product strategy and at Merrill Lynch and UBS in financial analysis. Thomas came to us from the University of Chicago where he graduated with an MBA and MS in Computer Science. His undergraduate study was in Finance and Economics at Utah University.
Ishu came to XSELL through an internship opportunity and quickly solidified her self as a full time Data Scientist. Within this special group of Data Scientists she has contributed greatly by laying groundwork that directly impacts XSELL’S Artificial Intelligence Platform. Ishu previously worked as a Data Specialist at “IBM” and holds a Masters degree(s) in Computer Science from Illinois Institute of Technology. She enjoys photography and is a huge coffee and travel enthusiast.
Ishita worked as a Software Developer at Niki.ai, Bengaluru, India. At Niki, Ishita worked on developing NLP backend for their chatbot. Ishita graduated with a Masters in Data Science from Illinois Institute of Technology, and a Masters in Advanced Computer Science from the University of Sheffield. She did her undergraduate in Information and Communication Technology from DA-IICT. Ishita is always game for a coffee run at any time of the day.
- Before working as a Data Scientist at XSELL, Leela Raavi worked as a Consultant Engineering and Junior Staff Engineer in Blue Bond Infrastructure Private Limited. Leela holds a Masters of Computer Science from Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago and Bachelors of Technology, major in Mining Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Dhanbad, India.
Bryan Kao is a key developer on the engineering team, focused on product development and delivery. Prior to XSELL Bryan spent 5.5 years of IT Infrastructure pre-sales consulting at AHEAD, LLC. and 6.5 years of IT Enterprise storage and SAN at Dell EMC. Bryan holds a BS Computer Engineering with Honors from Michigan State University and completed the immersive Fullstack Academy for software engineering. Bryan always bikes to work and is the local XSELL chef, often found in the kitchen cooking his lunch. He is also known for having a large collection of humorous T-shirts.
Rob Ruder is on the engineering team at XSELL focused on development and product success. Previously working as a Consultant at Deloitte, Rob shifted focus and worked as a Teaching Fellow at Fullstack Academy of Code and as a Software Engineer at Fraight AI. Rob holds a BA in Business Administration in Finance and Economics from Loyola University Chicago. Originally from the Bay Area, Rob is a huge Golden State Warriors fan. He lives a very active lifestyle and was the MVP of the XSELL summer volleyball league.
- Andrew joined XSELL as an Annotation intern working closely with the engineering team before joining their ranks. Prior to XSELL, Andrew previously worked doing market analysis of spatial data in a few freelance roles. He holds a degree in Geography; Geographic Information Systems from DePaul University.
- Duc Tran is on the engineering team focusing on product development and delivery. Prior to XSELL, Duc spent 3 years in ITW Finance Leadership Development program as a corporate F&PA analyst. He holds a BS in Business Administration in Finance & Accounting from Ga Tech and completed the immersive Fullstack Academy for software engineering. In his spare time, Duc likes to train Muay Thai and explore new restaurants with his friends.
Tim Lin is on the engineering team at XSELL. Previously working in QA at VIZIO, Tim shifted focus and completed the immersive at Fullstack Academy for software engineering. He holds a BS in Industrial and Enterprise Systems from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Originally from Orange County, Tim finds any possible way to be outdoors when it’s sunny out. He is always down for good food and new places to explore.
Alex Perry is the Ontology Manager and subject matter expert in the realm of Annotation. Alex defined his skill set by leading the annotation effort by understanding its full scope with Data Science and Engineering. Alex has a Bachelor’s in Business from DePaul University. Alex started the Flannel Friday trend at XSELL and is a big DePaul basketball fan.
Colleen is the product owner for XSELL leading the charge in product development, project management, and delivery. Prior to XSELL, she worked as an Analyst for TransUnion within Human Resources fostering relationships with internal partners and prospective external talent. Colleen holds a BA in Entrepreneurship from Loyola University and will complete her MBA in Economics with a focus in Marketing from Loyola in May 2019. She’s the happy hour reviver, also known as Colleen “let’s go out for just one drink” Wood.
- Jake Peacock is XSELL’s Annotation Engineer. In addition to providing support for the day-to-day responsibilities of the Engineering and Annotation Teams, Jake’s work helps ensure that XSELL gathers leverageable data. Prior to joining XSELL, Jake dabbled in a little bit of everything–from working the counter at a pie shop to making custom awnings. Jake graduated magna cum laude from Wabash College in 2012 with a philosophy degree; he also attended Woodberry Forest School. He earned his Eagle Scout badge when he was 14.
Mary Ellen Wood
Mary Ellen Wood is the Executive Administrator to the CEO, where she handles the extensive workload that comes with not only assisting the CEO in his daily and long term schedule but also running all office management and culture. She also manages the office and makes it a better place for everyone to work. “Marwoo” is the XSELL culture curator, as she has the most infectious personality in the office and is always around to provide laughs and conversation. Mary Ellen holds a Bachelor’s in Communications from DePaul University.